A casement window is defined by having an opening window that closes flush into the window frame. Modern casement windows are usually equipped with multi-locking systems, ventilation grooves and drainage systems.
Casement window repair and restoration
In our 30 years, we have carried out all manner of repairs to all types of casement window. We will always opt to repair your windows as long as it is economically viable for you.
By repairing and replacing sills of individual casements or by splicing in new sections of reclaimed or new timber we can restore and rejuvenate your windows to near original condition.
All the window repair techniques we use are the same as those used over one hundred years ago. Repairs we carry out can include;
- Replacement cranks – if your windows won’t open or close properly or completely.
- Replacement of sagging hinges.
- Repair of peeling paint, loose and missing putty.
- Scraping, sanding and redecoration
- Re-glazing and redecoration.
- Complete refurbishment and renovation of rotting timber parts – there is hardly ever a need to replace your windows.
Replacement timber Casement Windows
It is hardly ever necessary to completely replace your timber casement windows. We will only advise on a complete window replacement if the window is completely beyond repair or the cost to repair will exceed the cost of a replacement.
In the case of replacements, we can source either, complete windows or reclaimed timber to have windows made that exactly match the other windows of your property.
It is important to us that the character of your property is retained and our vast experience has afforded us substantial discounts which we will pass on to you.