Sash upgrades to double glazed Sash Windows in Hoghton, Preston
A Victorian house typical of its time with slim line sash windows. The client was keen to upgrade the Sashes with double glazing, so each window was restored and double glazed with heritage slim line units.
- Removed all rotting timber, and carried out full lower box replacements to all the windows. This involves removing all the timber in the lower half and doing a load bearing repair on both sides of the window. This allows the window to take the additional weight required to upgrade the windows for double glazing. Replacement timber and cills were fitted.
- All sashes were planed, repaired, re-glazed and redecorated.
- Draught proofing was applied to every window. We replaced all parting beads with new timber alternatives which incorporated an engineered draught strip. Not a piece of plastic in sight!
- Replacement dummy sash for the utility room.
- Fit and decorate a new bay window.
We approached Les, The Sash Doctor, after deciding we wanted our original sash windows renovating rather than replacing with new wood.
Les has since renovated windows in the whole house and renovated our antique front door. We have used his services on approx three occasions in total as his workmanship (quality) is outstanding.
We would rather pay more for his high standard than approaching a cheaper / sub standard company. You pay for what you get! Great service all round. Always turned up when he said he would. Keep up the good work.
Our clients are always so impressed at the difference the redecorated widndow make to the look and feel of their home. We love what we do and this is reflected in the worksmanship we produce. You can read more comments from our customers here.
We can carry out timber sash window repairs across Lancaster, Lancashire and throughout the United Kingdom, so if your windows are in need of some attention, no matter how little, call us today.